Two seriously injured in A11 crash
Peter WalshTwo people have been taken to hospital with 'life threatening injuries' after a car overturned in a crash on the A11 at Attleborough today.Peter Walsh
Two people have been taken to hospital with 'life threatening injuries' after a car overturned in a crash on the A11 at Attleborough today.
Fire crews from Attleborough, East Harling, and Norwich were called to the single vehicle crash which happened at just after 5.20am today on the Attleborough bypass near to the West Carr bridge.
Firefighters used hydraulic rescue equipment to release one of the casualties from the vehicle which came to a rest on its roof. Two of the five people in the car were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with what a Norfolk police spokesman described as 'life threatening injuries'. The other three were said to be 'walking wounded'.
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 6 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 7 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 8 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 9 'Killer weeds infesting river are threat to life', warns boat boss
- 10 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
The crash meant the north-bound section of the carriageway was closed between the Breckland Lodge roundabout, at the junction with London Road, and the B1077.
A diversion was put in place which took traffic into London Road and through Attleborough.