Two seriously injured in A11 crash
Peter WalshTwo people have been taken to hospital with 'life threatening injuries' after a car overturned in a crash on the A11 at Attleborough today.Peter Walsh
Two people have been taken to hospital with 'life threatening injuries' after a car overturned in a crash on the A11 at Attleborough today.
Fire crews from Attleborough, East Harling, and Norwich were called to the single vehicle crash which happened at just after 5.20am today on the Attleborough bypass near to the West Carr bridge.
Firefighters used hydraulic rescue equipment to release one of the casualties from the vehicle which came to a rest on its roof. Two of the five people in the car were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with what a Norfolk police spokesman described as 'life threatening injuries'. The other three were said to be 'walking wounded'.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 3 Mum has foot run over in incident with foul-mouthed driver
- 4 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 5 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 6 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 7 Bottomless brunch with 90s act, fried chicken and cocktails heading to city
- 8 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 9 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 10 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
The crash meant the north-bound section of the carriageway was closed between the Breckland Lodge roundabout, at the junction with London Road, and the B1077.
A diversion was put in place which took traffic into London Road and through Attleborough.