Two Norwich pubs in Camra’s new guide
Two Norwich pubs have made it into Camra's Great British Pubs guide.
The Fat Cat in West End Street and the King's Head in Magdalen Street are the only pubs from Norfolk in the guide, however there are seven entries from Suffolk, including Southwold's Lord Nelson and Lowestoft's Triangle Tavern.
The guide, dubbed the ultimate celebration of the nation's favourite pastime, lists nearly 300 of the country's best pubs in 23 different categories.
Colin Keatley, who owns the Fat Cat, said: 'We have been around a long time and have won quite a few awards, and I have been told by people that we are rated in the top 50 pubs in the country.
'But it's hard work maintaining your standards and keeping that consistency. But it's great to be in the guide, and it reflects all the hard work we have put in over the years.'
You may also want to watch:
The guide says that the King's Head is 'the English pub as a home from home'.
It continues: 'Norwich positively oozes great pubs; places like the King's Head. On my visit there were 11 cask beers on display, all of them chalked up on a blackboard, and all of them coming from East Anglia.'
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 3 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 4 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 5 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 6 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 7 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 8 Five of the most expensive properties for rent in Norwich
- 9 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 10 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
The guide is compiled by internationally-acclaimed beer writer Adrian Tierney-Jones, who said: 'All these pubs have something to offer beyond the promise of good beer, great food and plenty of cheer.
'They also offer a chance to step into another world for a while.'
The Evening News has been urging people to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal.
Has your pub recently won an award? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com.