TV star Neil Morrissey at Norwich city centre pub
Customers at a Norwich city centre pub were left doing 'double-takes' after a well-known star of stage and screen popped in for a pint.
Men Behaving Badly star Neil Morrissey visited the Murderers pub last night.
It was not the first time he had drunk at the popular Timberhill pub, as he was a guest in October 2009 whilst he was starring in a stage adaptation of the Oscar winning 1980s movie, Rain Man, at the Theatre Royal.
Landlord Phil Cutter said: 'He said that as he was in the city, he was keen to re-acquaint himself with the Murderers, saying that it was now his favourite pub in the city.
'It was fortunate that as part of our 'colours'-themed beer festival, we were once again carrying Neil Morrissey's own beer 'Blonde', which was being enjoyed by Neil, and many of the customers in the pub at the time.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cutter asked him whether he would be around for the City of Ale event starting next month, but he said he won't be in the region.
'However, he did say that he hoped the ale-loving punters of Norwich would get behind the scheme, and support the participating pubs,' Mr Cutter added.
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 5 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 6 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 7 Wine bar collapse costs council £70k after lease blunder
- 8 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 9 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 10 Met Office warns of snow at weekend