TV star Neil Morrissey at Norwich city centre pub
Customers at a Norwich city centre pub were left doing 'double-takes' after a well-known star of stage and screen popped in for a pint.
Men Behaving Badly star Neil Morrissey visited the Murderers pub last night.
It was not the first time he had drunk at the popular Timberhill pub, as he was a guest in October 2009 whilst he was starring in a stage adaptation of the Oscar winning 1980s movie, Rain Man, at the Theatre Royal.
Landlord Phil Cutter said: 'He said that as he was in the city, he was keen to re-acquaint himself with the Murderers, saying that it was now his favourite pub in the city.
'It was fortunate that as part of our 'colours'-themed beer festival, we were once again carrying Neil Morrissey's own beer 'Blonde', which was being enjoyed by Neil, and many of the customers in the pub at the time.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cutter asked him whether he would be around for the City of Ale event starting next month, but he said he won't be in the region.
'However, he did say that he hoped the ale-loving punters of Norwich would get behind the scheme, and support the participating pubs,' Mr Cutter added.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station