TV star Neil Morrissey at Norwich city centre pub
Customers at a Norwich city centre pub were left doing 'double-takes' after a well-known star of stage and screen popped in for a pint.
Men Behaving Badly star Neil Morrissey visited the Murderers pub last night.
It was not the first time he had drunk at the popular Timberhill pub, as he was a guest in October 2009 whilst he was starring in a stage adaptation of the Oscar winning 1980s movie, Rain Man, at the Theatre Royal.
Landlord Phil Cutter said: 'He said that as he was in the city, he was keen to re-acquaint himself with the Murderers, saying that it was now his favourite pub in the city.
'It was fortunate that as part of our 'colours'-themed beer festival, we were once again carrying Neil Morrissey's own beer 'Blonde', which was being enjoyed by Neil, and many of the customers in the pub at the time.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cutter asked him whether he would be around for the City of Ale event starting next month, but he said he won't be in the region.
'However, he did say that he hoped the ale-loving punters of Norwich would get behind the scheme, and support the participating pubs,' Mr Cutter added.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 8 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 9 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 10 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich