TV star Neil Morrissey at Norwich city centre pub
Customers at a Norwich city centre pub were left doing 'double-takes' after a well-known star of stage and screen popped in for a pint.
Men Behaving Badly star Neil Morrissey visited the Murderers pub last night.
It was not the first time he had drunk at the popular Timberhill pub, as he was a guest in October 2009 whilst he was starring in a stage adaptation of the Oscar winning 1980s movie, Rain Man, at the Theatre Royal.
Landlord Phil Cutter said: 'He said that as he was in the city, he was keen to re-acquaint himself with the Murderers, saying that it was now his favourite pub in the city.
'It was fortunate that as part of our 'colours'-themed beer festival, we were once again carrying Neil Morrissey's own beer 'Blonde', which was being enjoyed by Neil, and many of the customers in the pub at the time.'
Mr Cutter asked him whether he would be around for the City of Ale event starting next month, but he said he won't be in the region.
'However, he did say that he hoped the ale-loving punters of Norwich would get behind the scheme, and support the participating pubs,' Mr Cutter added.
- 1 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 2 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 3 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 4 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 5 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 6 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 7 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 8 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 9 11 reasons why Norwich is the best city
- 10 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists