TV show could help tackle Norfolk's obesity problems
Rebecca GoughObesity levels in some parts of Norfolk are among the worst in the country, according to figures from the NHS, but help could be at hand thanks to a popular television show aiming to make its mark in the county.Rebecca Gough
Obesity levels in some parts of Norfolk are among the worst in the country, according to figures from the NHS, but help could be at hand thanks to a popular television show aiming to make its mark in the county.
Channel 4's prime time show Embarrassing Bodies tackles unusual or tricky health problems and later this year could arrive in the region with the particular aim of grabbing the country's obesity problems head on.
Producers of the show are now encouraging people from Norfolk to come forward with interesting cases, particularly obesity related and men and families. The show hopes to bring its mobile clinic to Norfolk and, if selected, patients' ailments would be treated by qualified professionals.
Embarrassing Bodies executive producer Sarah Elgin, said: 'There are parts of Norfolk with higher than average obesity rates so it stands to reason there may well be some potential patients currently suffering in silence who would benefit from the help of our doctors.'
For more information go to www.channel4.com/bodies, and click on take part.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 5 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 8 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 9 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 10 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month