Tributes to much-loved son and brother murdered in Norwich woods
- Credit: Archant
The family of Daniel Littlewood, who was murdered in woodland on the edge of Norwich, have paid tribute to him following his death.
On Monday, at around 5.15am, police were called to Clapham Woods off Drayton Road where they discovered a man with serious head injuries.
Paramedics were called but the man, later confirmed by police to be Mr Littlewood, 40, died at the scene as a result of his injuries.
Following his death, a murder investigation was launched.
Now, Mr Littlewood’s family have paid tribute to him. Owen Littlewood, Daniel’s father, said: “Daniel was a much-loved son and brother.
“His death has come as a huge shock to our family, and follows the recent death of his mother in April from illness.
You may also want to watch:
“We would request our privacy be respected at this most difficult of times.”
On Wednesday morning, Andrew Forbes, 39, of Treeview Court, Crome Road, Norwich, appeared in court via video link accused of killing Mr Littlewood.
He is due to appear in Norwich Crown Court on June 25.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours