Trafford keep perfect record intact
VETERANS: In the Premier Division Bungay had a comfortable 5-1 win over Lowestoft Railway & Corton at Maltings Meadow. Kevin Ellis (top scorer on 8) with a hat-trick and a brace from Michael Earrye did the damage with Paul Wells replying for the Seasiders.
In the Premier Division Bungay had a comfortable 5-1 win over Lowestoft Railway & Corton at Maltings Meadow. Kevin Ellis (top scorer on 8) with a hat-trick and a brace from Michael Earrye did the damage with Paul Wells replying for the Seasiders.
Two clubs with their eyes on Premier action next season clashed at Costessey where the morning leaders entertained Norwich Trafford. Both had 100 per cent records but it turned out a 5-1 victory for Trafford with Chris Hitchings scoring twice with one apiece from Mark Andrews, Jason Downing and Lee Robins. Karl Heffer netted for the hosts.
Acle Rangers drew 2-2 with Framlingham with goals from Garth Futter and one from the opposition.
Griffin remain top of Division Two (East) following their 6-4 success over Spixworth United at Sloughbottom Park. A hat-trick from leading marksman Richard Nicholls (on 11) and one each from Chris Edmunds, John Kirkham and Ian Whalebelly keeps them clear at the top. Spixworth scorers were Ian Currie, Paul Donaghy, Kirk Paulin and Jerry Ward. Gt Yarmouth Postals retain second place after drawing 2-2 at Archant. Mark Nicholls and Mark Wiseman netted for the visitors with top scorer Dan Barnstor with 11 to his name notching another double for the City side. Taverham sprung a surprise in Division Two (West) by defeating rivals and high-fliers Cringleford. Scorers in their 5-1 away win were Andy Layden (2), Steve Kirk, Deon Ruiters and Mark Swaby.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Rovers held Divison Four leaders Wymondham College to a 2-2 draw.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 Former village pub for sale as home
- 4 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 7 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 8 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham