Trafford keep perfect record intact
VETERANS: In the Premier Division Bungay had a comfortable 5-1 win over Lowestoft Railway & Corton at Maltings Meadow. Kevin Ellis (top scorer on 8) with a hat-trick and a brace from Michael Earrye did the damage with Paul Wells replying for the Seasiders.
In the Premier Division Bungay had a comfortable 5-1 win over Lowestoft Railway & Corton at Maltings Meadow. Kevin Ellis (top scorer on 8) with a hat-trick and a brace from Michael Earrye did the damage with Paul Wells replying for the Seasiders.
Two clubs with their eyes on Premier action next season clashed at Costessey where the morning leaders entertained Norwich Trafford. Both had 100 per cent records but it turned out a 5-1 victory for Trafford with Chris Hitchings scoring twice with one apiece from Mark Andrews, Jason Downing and Lee Robins. Karl Heffer netted for the hosts.
Acle Rangers drew 2-2 with Framlingham with goals from Garth Futter and one from the opposition.
Griffin remain top of Division Two (East) following their 6-4 success over Spixworth United at Sloughbottom Park. A hat-trick from leading marksman Richard Nicholls (on 11) and one each from Chris Edmunds, John Kirkham and Ian Whalebelly keeps them clear at the top. Spixworth scorers were Ian Currie, Paul Donaghy, Kirk Paulin and Jerry Ward. Gt Yarmouth Postals retain second place after drawing 2-2 at Archant. Mark Nicholls and Mark Wiseman netted for the visitors with top scorer Dan Barnstor with 11 to his name notching another double for the City side. Taverham sprung a surprise in Division Two (West) by defeating rivals and high-fliers Cringleford. Scorers in their 5-1 away win were Andy Layden (2), Steve Kirk, Deon Ruiters and Mark Swaby.
Norwich Rovers held Divison Four leaders Wymondham College to a 2-2 draw.
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 3 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 4 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 5 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 6 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 7 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 10 'I went to hospital with dental pain - it turns out I had cancer'