Whitlingham drivers warned about parking
Drivers who use Whitlingham Country Park on the outskirts of Norwich have been warned they will receive parking tickets if they fail to leave their cars in the correct areas.
The lane running through Whitlingham Country Park at Trowse has been narrowed and resurfaced and is now a clearway, prohibiting car parking on roadside verges.
Three pay and display car parks are available and a fourth is to be created close to the visitor centre and the Great Broad by Easter.
David Adler, chairman of the Whitlingham Country Park Charitable Trust, said: 'Our aim is to make Whitlingham Country Park safer and more enjoyable for cyclists and walkers. All income from the car parks will be invested in maintaining and improving the park which is used regularly by local residents and lovers of the Broads.'
Russell Wilson, park manager at Whitlingham, added: 'I have been manager here for five years and we have all been working hard to get this to happen so I am absolutely over the moon that the work is finished.
You may also want to watch:
'Our advice to drivers now is to use the parking facilities available and to please not park on the road or you will get a ticket.
'People parking on the side of the road have caused a huge amount of damage and the thing is, people come down here to enjoy the environment but by doing this they have been damaging it.'
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 4 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 5 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 6 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 9 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich
Do you have a story for the Evening News? Call reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418.