Water leak closes Norwich city centre road
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are facing diversions, because a Norwich city centre road has shut for emergency repairs to a leaking water pipe.
Exchange Street in Norwich closed at 7pm because Anglian Water needs to deal with the problem.
An Anglian Water spokeswoman said: 'Earlier today, we were alerted to a leaking water pipe and in order to repair it with minimum disruption Anglian Water engineers will be working through the night.
'We never want to inconvenience our customers but unfortunately the road needs to be closed to keep our engineers safe while the repair work is completed in deep, open excavations. We are very sorry for any disruption caused by the closure of Exchange Street.
'The road is expected to reopen tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.'
You may also want to watch:
At the end of August, a burst water pipe forced the closure of Exchange Street and Gaol Hill. That led to long queues in the city centre, with traffic diverted from St Giles Street and Bethel Street.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 7 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 8 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys