Water leak closes Norwich city centre road
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are facing diversions, because a Norwich city centre road has shut for emergency repairs to a leaking water pipe.
Exchange Street in Norwich closed at 7pm because Anglian Water needs to deal with the problem.
An Anglian Water spokeswoman said: 'Earlier today, we were alerted to a leaking water pipe and in order to repair it with minimum disruption Anglian Water engineers will be working through the night.
'We never want to inconvenience our customers but unfortunately the road needs to be closed to keep our engineers safe while the repair work is completed in deep, open excavations. We are very sorry for any disruption caused by the closure of Exchange Street.
'The road is expected to reopen tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.'
You may also want to watch:
At the end of August, a burst water pipe forced the closure of Exchange Street and Gaol Hill. That led to long queues in the city centre, with traffic diverted from St Giles Street and Bethel Street.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 6 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'