Water leak closes Norwich city centre road
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are facing diversions, because a Norwich city centre road has shut for emergency repairs to a leaking water pipe.
Exchange Street in Norwich closed at 7pm because Anglian Water needs to deal with the problem.
An Anglian Water spokeswoman said: 'Earlier today, we were alerted to a leaking water pipe and in order to repair it with minimum disruption Anglian Water engineers will be working through the night.
'We never want to inconvenience our customers but unfortunately the road needs to be closed to keep our engineers safe while the repair work is completed in deep, open excavations. We are very sorry for any disruption caused by the closure of Exchange Street.
'The road is expected to reopen tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.'
At the end of August, a burst water pipe forced the closure of Exchange Street and Gaol Hill. That led to long queues in the city centre, with traffic diverted from St Giles Street and Bethel Street.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 6 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 7 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 8 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 9 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 10 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year