Water leak closes Norwich city centre road
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are facing diversions, because a Norwich city centre road has shut for emergency repairs to a leaking water pipe.
Exchange Street in Norwich closed at 7pm because Anglian Water needs to deal with the problem.
An Anglian Water spokeswoman said: 'Earlier today, we were alerted to a leaking water pipe and in order to repair it with minimum disruption Anglian Water engineers will be working through the night.
'We never want to inconvenience our customers but unfortunately the road needs to be closed to keep our engineers safe while the repair work is completed in deep, open excavations. We are very sorry for any disruption caused by the closure of Exchange Street.
'The road is expected to reopen tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.'
You may also want to watch:
At the end of August, a burst water pipe forced the closure of Exchange Street and Gaol Hill. That led to long queues in the city centre, with traffic diverted from St Giles Street and Bethel Street.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 5 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 10 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich