Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- Credit: Archant
The Norwich-bound A47 has been closed after reports of a person being hit by a vehicle.
A police spokesperson said the force is currently attending the scene after reports of a person being hit on the slip road from the A47 to Longwater.
The road reopened at around 6.30pm.
It is understood that the air ambulance was in attendance.
National Highways on Twitter said: "#A47 Eastbound, is currently CLOSED due to a serious road traffic collision, between #A1074 and #B1108 @NSRAPT are currently on scene dealing. Please plan ahead for your journeys #Norwich."
Konectbus said its route 8 service was facing "heavy delays" due to the road being shut.
The operator said the buses were diverting but that it would be a "long diversion" via Mattishall, Barnham Broom and Barford.
Further bus routes are facing delays due to the incident, with disruption to the Konect 4, and First 23, 23A, 24 and 24A services.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 7 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 10 'Forced into the road': Safety fears over pavement parking
A diversion route is available:
- Exit the A47 eastbound at Longwater Interchange and join the A1074 towards Norwich
- At the roundabout with the A140, take the third exit and follow the A140 ring road until the roundabout with the A11
- Take the third exit from the roundabout and join the A11
- Continue on the A11 to then re-join the A47 eastbound at Thickthorn Interchange
The incident came as dozens of Norwich City fans headed to Carrow Road for the club's match against Watford FC.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.