Norwich traffic affected as busy junction's lights fail twice in same day
- Credit: Daniel Moxon
The traffic lights at a busy junction on the outskirts of the city centre have failed twice in the same morning, causing some issues for drivers.
The lights where St Stephens Road branches into the A11 Newmarket Road and the A140 Ipswich Road, by the old Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, have been plagued by problems today (Monday, March 15).
None of the lights were working in any direction at 11.30am on Monday, including the signals for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
Traffic was fairly light at the time, and those drivers who approached the junction were doing so with extra caution.
Norfolk County Council confirmed an engineers is on scene trying to find and rectify the problem.
A spokesperson said: "The signals went off at 9.24am and an engineer is currently on scene investigating the issue."
It comes after another fault at the same set of lights in the early hours of the morning, which had been temporarily rectified before the problem struck again.
• For up-to-date information about the roads in Norfolk and Waveney, keep tabs on our live traffic map.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 3 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 4 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 5 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 6 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 7 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 8 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 9 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 10 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house