Temporary traffic lights cause 'heavy delays' in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Temporary traffic lights on a main route into Norwich are causing delays of half an hour for drivers.
The lights at Bracondale, near Queens Road, are holding up drivers along the road, with Border Bus saying its 146 bus had "lost 30 minutes" in stationary traffic. Traffic is queueing back to the County Hall roundabout.
According to the One Network roadworks map, the lights are part of gas works in the area by Cadent, and are set to continue until midnight on Sunday.
First buses said its X1, X11 and X2 services were running with "heavy delays", with buses diverting and only service Norwich bus station in the city centre.
They will no longer be serving stops up to and including Bracondale until Saturday evening.
It comes at the start of the bank holiday weekend, and on the first sunny day the region has seen in a few weeks.
The city centre, and Norfolk's coastal and tourist spots, are expected to be busy with day trippers.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 3 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 6 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 7 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 8 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 9 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 10 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?