Temporary traffic lights cause 'heavy delays' in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Temporary traffic lights on a main route into Norwich are causing delays of half an hour for drivers.
The lights at Bracondale, near Queens Road, are holding up drivers along the road, with Border Bus saying its 146 bus had "lost 30 minutes" in stationary traffic. Traffic is queueing back to the County Hall roundabout.
According to the One Network roadworks map, the lights are part of gas works in the area by Cadent, and are set to continue until midnight on Sunday.
First buses said its X1, X11 and X2 services were running with "heavy delays", with buses diverting and only service Norwich bus station in the city centre.
They will no longer be serving stops up to and including Bracondale until Saturday evening.
It comes at the start of the bank holiday weekend, and on the first sunny day the region has seen in a few weeks.
The city centre, and Norfolk's coastal and tourist spots, are expected to be busy with day trippers.
- 1 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 2 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 3 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 4 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 5 Traffic delays as drivers continue to queue for petrol
- 6 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 7 Man took sword and axe to confront ex-wife's new partner
- 8 Mysabar is BACK! City's cosy outdoor bar returns for another Christmas
- 9 Mum shares heartbreaking poems penned by daughter before death
- 10 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s