Norfolk morning traffic: Roads around city busy in belated morning rush
- Credit: Denise Bradley
The busy morning rush around Norwich started a little later than usual this morning – perhaps a side-effect of the late-night euphoria over England's Euro 2020 semi-final victory over Denmark.
There are delays on the A47 Norwich Southern Bypass in both directions between the Postwick and Harford Bridge junctions, with traffic especially heavy at Trowse.
Many of the major roads into the city are also busy, especially the A11 Newmarket Road with tailbacks at the junction with the inner Norwich ring road.
Dereham Road and Earlham Road also appear to be fairly busy, so best to set off a few minutes earlier to make sure the traffic doesn't make you late.
Elsewhere in the county, roadworks on the A146 Loddon Bypass are causing delays in both directions travelling between Norwich and Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
And things look a little congested on the A1066 Park Road outside Diss, as well as the nearby A143 at Scole.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 5 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 6 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 7 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 8 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 9 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 10 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in