Busy Norwich road to be closed for two weeks
- Credit: Bill Smith
A busy Norwich road will be closed for two weeks, starting from Monday.
From June 7 until Sunday, June 20, Thorpe Road will be closed to all traffic.
The closure will be in place 24 hours per day for the first week, and will change to between 7am and 7pm from June 14 until the end of the work.
It affects the road between the junctions with Lower Clarence Road and Matlock Road, including Carrow Road at its junction with Thorpe Road.
The closure is to allow for resurfacing and other jobs as part of a £940,000 scheme to provide a more direct route into Norwich city centre for public transport and cyclists.
Norfolk County Council said: "Advance warning and diversion signs are in place and access to properties will be maintained throughout.
You may also want to watch:
"An additional overnight closure of Carrow Road was planned but is no longer needed."
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 5 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 6 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 7 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich
- 10 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey