Busy Norwich road to be closed for two weeks
- Credit: Bill Smith
A busy Norwich road will be closed for two weeks, starting from Monday.
From June 7 until Sunday, June 20, Thorpe Road will be closed to all traffic.
The closure will be in place 24 hours per day for the first week, and will change to between 7am and 7pm from June 14 until the end of the work.
It affects the road between the junctions with Lower Clarence Road and Matlock Road, including Carrow Road at its junction with Thorpe Road.
The closure is to allow for resurfacing and other jobs as part of a £940,000 scheme to provide a more direct route into Norwich city centre for public transport and cyclists.
Norfolk County Council said: "Advance warning and diversion signs are in place and access to properties will be maintained throughout.
You may also want to watch:
"An additional overnight closure of Carrow Road was planned but is no longer needed."
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 8 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 9 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?