Cyclist hurt in crash as road off roundabout blocked
- Credit: Ben Hardy
A cyclist has been knocked off his bike near a busy roundabout in Norwich.
Four police cars and two ambulance vehicles were on scene in Spitalfields near The Castle pub shortly after noon on Sunday.
An officer said they were called to a single-vehicle collision involving a cyclist with minor injuries being sustained.
Spitalfields has been blocked from the Kett's Hill roundabout with the officer saying they hope to reopen the road by 2pm.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact the police using the CAD reference 182 of today's date (Sunday, August 22).
Motorists have been asked to avoid the area while the road is closed.
You can check our live traffic map.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school