Police close section of A11 due to crash
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A section of the A11 had to be closed and a diversion put in place following an earlier accident.
The A11 is currently closed southbound between the A47 near Cringleford, Norwich, and the B1135, Wymondham, due to a crash.
Officers from Norfolk police were called to the scene.
Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journeys and are being asked to exit the A11 and take the B1172 at the Thickthorn roundabout.
However, a section of the B1172 is also closed due to a roundabout being constructed there, so drivers are being warned to take extra care.
At the Norwich Road roundabout, drivers can take the first exit onto the B1135 and from there, rejoin the A11.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet known when the road will be reopened.
- 1 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 2 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 4 Friends rally to raise funds for widow over wedding refund
- 5 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 6 Have you seen the 'Milk' graffiti daubed all over Norwich?
- 7 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 10 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale