Middleton's Lane in Norwich to close for £100,000 roadworks
- Credit: Archant
Essential roadworks will begin on July 26 in Middleton's Lane, off Cromer Road, Hellesdon, to put in a zebra crossing.
The work is expected to last six weeks during the summer holidays. This is to replace an existing pedestrian crossing and improve safety at a busy school crossing point.
The road will be closed during the six weeks and although access will be maintained to properties there may be some short delays at times.
People living in the vicinity are asked to liaise with Norfolk County Council if problems arise.
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said: "The county council thanks people for their patience while these improvement works are carried out.
You may also want to watch:
"The work which will cost around £100,000 will be carried out by Norfolk County Council’s community and environmental services department and their contractors."
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 4 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 5 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 6 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 7 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 8 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 9 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
- 10 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich