Five roadworks to be aware of in Norwich in the coming days
- Credit: Archant
Avoid having your festive cheer dampened by checking our list of the roadworks causing delays on Norwich's roads.
Delays are likely on Surrey Street as work continues to build a cycle lane and loading bay along with other infrastructure.
There are also parking restrictions on All Saints Green as a result of the works which will continue until June 30, 2022.
This road will be closed until January 4 due to emergency gas works being carried out by Cadent.
A diversion is in place around Hall Road with delays likely.
- 1 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 2 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 3 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 4 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 5 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 6 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich
- 7 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 8 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 9 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 10 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
The A11 between the Thickthorn Roundabout and Wymondham will be closed between 8pm and 6am, everyday apart from Saturday.
Works will continue until February 11, with a diversion in place around the A140 Ipswich Road.
Delays are likely.
St Stephen's Street
In the new year St Stephen's Street will be closed between January 8 and 10 as work begins to complete new bus and pedestrian facilities.
While work is ongoing a diversion will be in place via Surrey Street.
Another set of roadworks which will begin are on King Street, which will start on January 4 and last until mid-April.
Works will see the road closed between Music House Lane and St Ann Lane, with delays expected.
A signed diversion route will be in place.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.