Three city centre roads to close for resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
Three roads in Norwich city centre will be closed next month to allow resurfacing to be carried out.
St Andrews Street, Charing Cross and Redwell Street will all be closed except for local access between 7pm and 6am while the work is underway.
The closures will start on September 2 and are expected to last five nights, subject to weather conditions.
Signs letting the public know businesses are open as normal will be in place and diversion signs will signal alternative routes for drivers.
Norfolk County Council have said improvements to the worn out road surfaces will cost the council £120,000 and would like to thank the public for their patience while the improvements are made.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services will be made aware of the closure so alternative arrangements can be made for their vehicles, if necessary.
- 1 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 2 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
- 8 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 9 Two people ordered to stay out of Norfolk after Norwich stabbing
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk