Three city centre roads to close for resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
Three roads in Norwich city centre will be closed next month to allow resurfacing to be carried out.
St Andrews Street, Charing Cross and Redwell Street will all be closed except for local access between 7pm and 6am while the work is underway.
The closures will start on September 2 and are expected to last five nights, subject to weather conditions.
Signs letting the public know businesses are open as normal will be in place and diversion signs will signal alternative routes for drivers.
Norfolk County Council have said improvements to the worn out road surfaces will cost the council £120,000 and would like to thank the public for their patience while the improvements are made.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services will be made aware of the closure so alternative arrangements can be made for their vehicles, if necessary.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 3 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 4 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 5 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
- 8 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 9 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 10 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named