Three city centre roads to close for resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
Three roads in Norwich city centre will be closed next month to allow resurfacing to be carried out.
St Andrews Street, Charing Cross and Redwell Street will all be closed except for local access between 7pm and 6am while the work is underway.
The closures will start on September 2 and are expected to last five nights, subject to weather conditions.
Signs letting the public know businesses are open as normal will be in place and diversion signs will signal alternative routes for drivers.
Norfolk County Council have said improvements to the worn out road surfaces will cost the council £120,000 and would like to thank the public for their patience while the improvements are made.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services will be made aware of the closure so alternative arrangements can be made for their vehicles, if necessary.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 4 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 5 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 8 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 9 Axe for Norwich Tourist Information Centre as closure announced
- 10 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park