Reader Letter: What about the motorists in Norwich?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
There are so many difficulties in emerging from the top of Rouen Road now.
For starters the top of Cattle Market Street is often blocked by queuing traffic.
Ah, but wait a minute, the authorities have tried to ease the position by constructing another expensive looking carriageway, although it is difficult to evaluate its purpose because nothing is on it! I suspect it is a cycle lane.
It would be fascinating to know the percentage of cars to cyclists in Norwich, but bearing in mind you hardly ever see a cyclist, the difference must be overwhelmingly massive.
Accordingly, common sense suggests to me you try to make improvements to keep cars moving.
To be fair, I am occasionally conscious of a cyclist, particularly when they are in the Newmarket Road bus lane. The bus driver cannot overtake for in excess of a mile, so everyone becomes agitated and diesel fumes abound.
Finally, apart from the cycling enthusiast, how many people in Norwich are capable of cycling up Rose Lane and Cattle Market Street in one trip?
- 1 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 2 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 7 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 8 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
Bernie Woods, Kedleston Drive, Cringleford
•You can email your letters to email@example.com or leave your comments below.