Reader Letter: What about the motorists in Norwich?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
There are so many difficulties in emerging from the top of Rouen Road now.
For starters the top of Cattle Market Street is often blocked by queuing traffic.
Ah, but wait a minute, the authorities have tried to ease the position by constructing another expensive looking carriageway, although it is difficult to evaluate its purpose because nothing is on it! I suspect it is a cycle lane.
It would be fascinating to know the percentage of cars to cyclists in Norwich, but bearing in mind you hardly ever see a cyclist, the difference must be overwhelmingly massive.
Accordingly, common sense suggests to me you try to make improvements to keep cars moving.
You may also want to watch:
To be fair, I am occasionally conscious of a cyclist, particularly when they are in the Newmarket Road bus lane. The bus driver cannot overtake for in excess of a mile, so everyone becomes agitated and diesel fumes abound.
Finally, apart from the cycling enthusiast, how many people in Norwich are capable of cycling up Rose Lane and Cattle Market Street in one trip?
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 50,000 home plans go ahead but issues remain
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
- 10 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
Bernie Woods, Kedleston Drive, Cringleford
•You can email your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your comments below.