Reader Letter: What about the motorists in Norwich?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
There are so many difficulties in emerging from the top of Rouen Road now.
For starters the top of Cattle Market Street is often blocked by queuing traffic.
Ah, but wait a minute, the authorities have tried to ease the position by constructing another expensive looking carriageway, although it is difficult to evaluate its purpose because nothing is on it! I suspect it is a cycle lane.
It would be fascinating to know the percentage of cars to cyclists in Norwich, but bearing in mind you hardly ever see a cyclist, the difference must be overwhelmingly massive.
Accordingly, common sense suggests to me you try to make improvements to keep cars moving.
You may also want to watch:
To be fair, I am occasionally conscious of a cyclist, particularly when they are in the Newmarket Road bus lane. The bus driver cannot overtake for in excess of a mile, so everyone becomes agitated and diesel fumes abound.
Finally, apart from the cycling enthusiast, how many people in Norwich are capable of cycling up Rose Lane and Cattle Market Street in one trip?
- 1 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 2 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 3 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 7 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 8 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults
- 9 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 10 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
Bernie Woods, Kedleston Drive, Cringleford
•You can email your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your comments below.