Reader Letter: What about the motorists in Norwich?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
There are so many difficulties in emerging from the top of Rouen Road now.
For starters the top of Cattle Market Street is often blocked by queuing traffic.
Ah, but wait a minute, the authorities have tried to ease the position by constructing another expensive looking carriageway, although it is difficult to evaluate its purpose because nothing is on it! I suspect it is a cycle lane.
It would be fascinating to know the percentage of cars to cyclists in Norwich, but bearing in mind you hardly ever see a cyclist, the difference must be overwhelmingly massive.
Accordingly, common sense suggests to me you try to make improvements to keep cars moving.
You may also want to watch:
To be fair, I am occasionally conscious of a cyclist, particularly when they are in the Newmarket Road bus lane. The bus driver cannot overtake for in excess of a mile, so everyone becomes agitated and diesel fumes abound.
Finally, apart from the cycling enthusiast, how many people in Norwich are capable of cycling up Rose Lane and Cattle Market Street in one trip?
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
Bernie Woods, Kedleston Drive, Cringleford
•You can email your letters to email@example.com or leave your comments below.