Reader letter: How have road ‘improvements’ in Norwich made things any better?
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
I do wonder whether the current town planners actually live in Norwich.
After the alterations near the Maid's Head Hotel in Tombland and the complete muddle near John Lewis around and up and around the back of the castle – how on earth is any traffic of any kind going to get through to the railway station and beyond if they close Prince of Wales road and maybe into the slip roads to Rose Lane?
Prince of Wales Road traffic was currently designed to be one way with four or five sets of traffic lights to slow it down.
If it reverts to a two-way system what is going to happen in Rose Lane?
Also it seems that the planners want to cut off Thorpe Hamlet almost altogether and so cause chaos when football match traffic comes out of that area particularly by Carrow Road, Riverside Road and Thorpe Road.
You may also want to watch:
I understand proposed plans are being put forward to the council –come on councillors let's not waste any more money on another totally unnecessary scheme.
Connie Roberts, Thorpe Hamlet
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 6 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 7 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Man seriously injured after crash
- 10 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre