Reader letter: How have road ‘improvements’ in Norwich made things any better?
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
I do wonder whether the current town planners actually live in Norwich.
After the alterations near the Maid's Head Hotel in Tombland and the complete muddle near John Lewis around and up and around the back of the castle – how on earth is any traffic of any kind going to get through to the railway station and beyond if they close Prince of Wales road and maybe into the slip roads to Rose Lane?
Prince of Wales Road traffic was currently designed to be one way with four or five sets of traffic lights to slow it down.
If it reverts to a two-way system what is going to happen in Rose Lane?
Also it seems that the planners want to cut off Thorpe Hamlet almost altogether and so cause chaos when football match traffic comes out of that area particularly by Carrow Road, Riverside Road and Thorpe Road.
I understand proposed plans are being put forward to the council –come on councillors let's not waste any more money on another totally unnecessary scheme.
Connie Roberts, Thorpe Hamlet
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 3 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 6 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 7 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 8 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre