Reader letter: How have road ‘improvements’ in Norwich made things any better?
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
I do wonder whether the current town planners actually live in Norwich.
After the alterations near the Maid's Head Hotel in Tombland and the complete muddle near John Lewis around and up and around the back of the castle – how on earth is any traffic of any kind going to get through to the railway station and beyond if they close Prince of Wales road and maybe into the slip roads to Rose Lane?
Prince of Wales Road traffic was currently designed to be one way with four or five sets of traffic lights to slow it down.
If it reverts to a two-way system what is going to happen in Rose Lane?
Also it seems that the planners want to cut off Thorpe Hamlet almost altogether and so cause chaos when football match traffic comes out of that area particularly by Carrow Road, Riverside Road and Thorpe Road.
You may also want to watch:
I understand proposed plans are being put forward to the council –come on councillors let's not waste any more money on another totally unnecessary scheme.
Connie Roberts, Thorpe Hamlet
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 5 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 6 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 7 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 8 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 9 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 10 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich