Reader letter: How have road ‘improvements’ in Norwich made things any better?
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
I do wonder whether the current town planners actually live in Norwich.
After the alterations near the Maid's Head Hotel in Tombland and the complete muddle near John Lewis around and up and around the back of the castle – how on earth is any traffic of any kind going to get through to the railway station and beyond if they close Prince of Wales road and maybe into the slip roads to Rose Lane?
Prince of Wales Road traffic was currently designed to be one way with four or five sets of traffic lights to slow it down.
If it reverts to a two-way system what is going to happen in Rose Lane?
Also it seems that the planners want to cut off Thorpe Hamlet almost altogether and so cause chaos when football match traffic comes out of that area particularly by Carrow Road, Riverside Road and Thorpe Road.
I understand proposed plans are being put forward to the council –come on councillors let's not waste any more money on another totally unnecessary scheme.
Connie Roberts, Thorpe Hamlet
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 3 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 4 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 5 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 6 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 7 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 8 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 9 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 10 Inconsiderate dog owners leave wheelchair-bound woman to clean up foul mess