Reader letter: How have road ‘improvements’ in Norwich made things any better?
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
I do wonder whether the current town planners actually live in Norwich.
After the alterations near the Maid's Head Hotel in Tombland and the complete muddle near John Lewis around and up and around the back of the castle – how on earth is any traffic of any kind going to get through to the railway station and beyond if they close Prince of Wales road and maybe into the slip roads to Rose Lane?
Prince of Wales Road traffic was currently designed to be one way with four or five sets of traffic lights to slow it down.
If it reverts to a two-way system what is going to happen in Rose Lane?
Also it seems that the planners want to cut off Thorpe Hamlet almost altogether and so cause chaos when football match traffic comes out of that area particularly by Carrow Road, Riverside Road and Thorpe Road.
You may also want to watch:
I understand proposed plans are being put forward to the council –come on councillors let's not waste any more money on another totally unnecessary scheme.
Connie Roberts, Thorpe Hamlet
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 4 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 8 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 9 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 10 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance