Railway death causes travel problems
Train services between Norwich and London were heavily disrupted this afternoon after a death on the tracks.It is believed the fatality occurred on the line at Manor Park station, near Stratford, at about 12.40pm.Sarah Hall
Train services between Norwich and London are heavily disrupted this afternoon after a death on the tracks.
It is believed the fatality occurred on the line at Manor Park station, near Stratford, at about 12.40pm.
Several trains were cancelled immediately after the incident and now services are delayed for about 20 minutes.
A National Express East Anglia spokeswoman said: 'We can confirm there was a fatality today on the line between London and Norwich.
'We are trying to reduce the delays as much as possible and hope services will return to normal soon.'
- 1 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 2 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 3 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 4 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 5 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Bread Source confirms location of new store
- 8 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 9 'I thought it was a prank' - Steak house nominated for UK's best restaurant
- 10 Meet the cone ranger battling anti-social parkers at pick-up time