Police closed part of A47 due to concerns for man's safety
- Credit: Tom Potter
Part of the A47 was closed in both directions, following concerns for the safety of a man seen near the road.
Officers were called to a bridge over the carriageway near to Keswick at about 7.35pm on Thursday, December 23, after receiving reports of a man on the wrong side of the barrier.
The road was shut in both directions between the A11 and A140.
Emergency services including police negotiators were at the scene.
The road has been reopened.
If you need help and support, call Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust’s First Response helpline 0808 196 3494 or the Samaritans on 116 123. Both services are available 24 hours 7 days a week. You can also download the Stay Alive app on Apple & Android.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure to check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
- 1 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 2 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 3 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 4 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 5 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 6 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich
- 7 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 8 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 9 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 10 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69