Plea to repair potholed roads in Bowthorpe and West Earlham
Several streets in Bowthorpe are in urgent need of repair, according to a county councillor.
Paul Wells, the Conservative county councillor for Bowthorpe, has complied a list of 22 roads which he feels the city council should re-surface, following complaints from families living in the area.
Mr Wells said: 'Some of these roads already have potholes, whilst others are beginning to crack and could become a problem if we have a bad winter.
'Others have become a patchwork of pothole repairs over the years.'
The roads, mainly side streets and cul-de-sacs, are across Bowthorpe and West Earlham.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wells said he would write to Norwich City Council with the list and ask them to include the streets on their maintenance programme and make them a priority.
He said: 'The city council does do a good job on most of the main roads, however, often the smaller roads and side closes are overlooked.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
'Many of the smaller roads have not been properly re-surfaced in years.
'If the council was to just re-surface some of them, they may actually save themselves money as they will have no more problems for a while. Prevention is better than cure.'
A spokeswoman for the city council said they were drawing up next year's programme of roadworks with streets needing the most urgent attention at the top of the list.
She said: 'If anyone does see a pothole on a road that is causing a hazard it is important we are aware so we can resolve it as a matter of urgency.
'If it is possible to provide a picture this is also of great help. 'We would like to thank people for their continued help in this.'
The roads include: Beloe Avenue, Bateman Close, Swafield Street, Joe Ellis Court, Morris Close, Notridge Road, Kerville Street, Yaxley Way, Wortham Close, Howlett Drive, Brampton Court, and Earlham Green Lane.