Person in hospital after being struck by bus on busy Norwich road
- Credit: Google
A pedestrian has been struck by a bus on Newmarket road.
Police were called at 8:56am today to reports of a collision between a pedestrian and a bus at the junction of Leopold Road and Newmarket Road.
The East of England Ambulance Service also attended the scene after they were called at 8.47am.
An ambulance, ambulance officer and rapid response vehicle were sent.
One person was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further care.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic on Leopold Road and Eaton Road is being affected by the incident.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding