Pedestrian dies following collision with a bus on A146
- Credit: Google Maps
A pedestrian has died following a collision on the A146 at Framingham Pigot last night.
The incident happened shortly before 7pm on the approach to the Trowse junction near to the Trumpery Lane turning when a double-decker bus travelling towards Norwich was involved in a collision with a person.
Norfolk Constabulary confirmed the pedestrian was a man in his 60s.
He received treatment but was was pronounced dead at the scene.
The bus was carrying passengers at the time of the incident, but no one else was injured.
The road was closed, but reopened around 12.30am this morning, October 14.
Officers are appealing for information from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or may have seen the pedestrian prior to the incident.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 9 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 10 'Forced into the road': Safety fears over pavement parking
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit by calling 101 and quoting incident number 374 of 13 October.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.