Overrunning works to repair Carrow Bridge will see road closed again
- Credit: David Dixon/Geograph
An overrunning project to repair a Norwich bridge for the fourth time in just over two years will see it closed against this weekend.
The Carrow Road lifting bridge will be closed overnight during the weekend of October 16-18 to allow necessary repair work to be completed.
A routine inspection of the bridge identified a number of defects in the timber decking road surface in need of repair.
Initial works were carried out last weekend, but further repairs are required in order to complete the £20,000 project.
MORE: Fifteen weeks of roadworks for £140,000 pavement improvements
The road will be closed while the work is carried out, and will need to remain closed for a time once the repairs have been completed, to allow for the surface to dry.
It will be closed from 7pm on Friday, October 16 until 7am, then from 7pm on Saturday, October 17 until 7am.
- 1 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 2 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 3 'She died alone': Plea to raise funds for Ruth who died before Christmas
- 4 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 5 City flat with spiral staircase and balcony bedroom for sale for £190k
- 6 Owner of 'thriving' cheesecake business now looking to open shop
- 7 New Fireaway Pizza takeaway set for Norwich
- 8 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 9 Mum given porta potty after council flat flooded with sewage
- 10 Mum has foot run over in incident with foul-mouthed driver
A signed diversion route will be in place and pedestrian access across the bridge will be maintained at all times.