Overrunning works to repair Carrow Bridge will see road closed again
- Credit: David Dixon/Geograph
An overrunning project to repair a Norwich bridge for the fourth time in just over two years will see it closed against this weekend.
The Carrow Road lifting bridge will be closed overnight during the weekend of October 16-18 to allow necessary repair work to be completed.
A routine inspection of the bridge identified a number of defects in the timber decking road surface in need of repair.
Initial works were carried out last weekend, but further repairs are required in order to complete the £20,000 project.
MORE: Fifteen weeks of roadworks for £140,000 pavement improvements
You may also want to watch:
The road will be closed while the work is carried out, and will need to remain closed for a time once the repairs have been completed, to allow for the surface to dry.
It will be closed from 7pm on Friday, October 16 until 7am, then from 7pm on Saturday, October 17 until 7am.
- 1 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 4 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 5 Major city employer gives thousands of staff extra day of leave
- 6 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 7 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 8 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 9 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
A signed diversion route will be in place and pedestrian access across the bridge will be maintained at all times.