Norwich roadworks you should know about this week
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Roadworks in Norwich this week may cause disruption and some delays, here are some you need to be aware of.
There are new roadworks on both Sprowston Road and Wellesley Avenue North, with traffic controlled by stop/go boards. These works will both finish on Monday, September 13.
There are numerous roads affected by CityFibre works, including Aylsham Road, Woodcock Road, and Weston Road. They are using stop/go signs to control traffic.
The disruptive works on Grapes Hill are ongoing, Convent Road remains closed, and Exchange Street will remain busy as the diversion route. Other roads are also affected by these works.
Surrey Street also remains closed until November, with buses affected and delayed by the diversion route in the city.
South Park Avenue will be reopening at the end of September, but until then, there is a diversion in place. The traffic can affect Colman Road, North Park Avenue, and Bluebell Road.
You may also want to watch:
There are also roadworks on Salhouse Road in Sprowston replacing the gas mains. The work is planned to continue until November 4 and a diversion is in place. With Salhouse Road closed, traffic on Blue Boar Lane, Wroxham Road, and the NDR is affected.
The work on Carrow Bridge in Norwich should finish on Sunday, September 12, and thus the road will be reopened and the diversion no longer needed. Traffic should return to normal.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 6 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 7 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death
- 10 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
Unthank Road works will finish on Tuesday, September 14. Until then, traffic will be controlled by stop/go boards.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.