Norwich roadworks to know about this week
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
With lots of roadworks finishing and continuing around Norwich this week, here's what you need to know to help plan your journeys.
Part of Edward Street is closed for a manhole cover repair overnight from October 10 to 11. The road will reopen at 6am. The diversion is via St Crispins Road and Whitefriars.
The Cleveland Road pedestrian crossing installation will finish tomorrow, October 11. This will bring the end of the diversion and road closure.
Roadworks on Constitution Hill and Catton Grove Road will finish on October 11 and 12, respectively. Until then, there is traffic control to manage queues.
Surrey Street will remain closed for another seven weeks for the installation of a cycle lane and loading bay. The diversion will continue to affect city buses.
You may also want to watch:
Gas mains replacement works in Salhouse Road are ongoing, with a diversion via Wroxham Road. These works are planned to end in November.
There are also gas works on Heigham Street, which started in late September. The diversion for these emergency works is via Barket Street.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
The Grapes Hill improvements are also ongoing, with diversions via Mile End Road and Exchange Street in place. These works are also planned to end in November.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.