City road blocked off to treat man suffering medical episode
- Credit: Archant
A road was blocked while emergency services deal with an incident in Norwich.
Police and ambulance crews were spotted in The Avenues, at the junction with Colman Road, on Saturday morning.
Staff were also seen wearing white overalls.
An ambulance was being used to block the road.
A staff member at the nearby Colman News convenience store said they saw a police car and two ambulances arrive.
Police confirmed they arrived shortly before 10.40am following concerns for the safety of a man.
He was later taken to hospital.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 5 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 6 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 10 Car catches fire after early morning crash
Traffic sensors in the area showed some delays on the Norwich ring road.
But the emergency vehicles had gone and traffic was flowing freely by 12.30pm.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.