Disruption for drivers as more roadworks begin in Norwich today
- Credit: Archant © 2005
Further roadworks start today in Norwich to improve the city’s busy Grapes Hill roundabout.
Convent Road will be closed to westbound traffic towards Unthank Road.
The diversion will be via Chapelfield Road, Newmarket Road, Colman Road, and Earlham Road.
Access to Unthank Road will only be available from Colman Road, via the diversion.
Some lanes on the Grapes Hill roundabout will also be closed.
The pavement on The Hamlet Centre Side of Convent Road will remain closed for up to four weeks.
There will be delays on First bus services, including the Red and Orange Line, and the Blue Line 25, 26, and 26A will travel via the diversions on outbound journeys.
The work hopes to improve the roundabout’s bus journey times, traffic flow, and walking and cycle facilities, but has been previously criticised by cyclists.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 3 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 4 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 5 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 6 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 7 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 8 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?