Revealed: All the city road closures for Run Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A number of city centre roads are to close for Run Norwich next month, with drivers warned their cars will be removed if they are parked on affected streets.
The event takes place on Sunday, July 17, and will see those living in King Street and Riverside Road forced to move their parked cars ahead of the race, with most main roads around the city centre closed.
And Run Norwich is still planning for runners to race down St Stephen's Street despite ongoing roadworks, which are planned to last until July 31.
Norfolk County Council is planning to reopen part of the carriageway on the day to allow runners to make their way down it, before closing it again afterwards.
Thousands of runners are expected to pound the city's streets, with roads to be closed in order to ensure the safety of spectators and participants.
Riverside Road will close in the direction of Bishopgate from 5am to 11am and Castle Meadow, Red Lion Street and Theatre Street will close between 7am and 1pm.
St Stephen's Street will close between 8.45am and 10.15am along with Chapel Field and Chantry Road.
Prince of Wales Road and Rose Lane will close between 9.15am and 11am and Tombland and the surrounding area will close to traffic between 9am and 11.30am.
- 1 Posh hotel gets one-star food hygiene rating
- 2 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 3 Demolition of former Tesco begins as historic business returns to city
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 'It was inevitable': Neighbours' horror as crews tackle heath blaze
- 6 City brothers evicted from home so landlord could put rent up by 54pc
- 7 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 8 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 9 Man arrested after police recover 10 stolen bikes and parts
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
King Street will close from 9.15am to 10.30am, while streets in the Wherry Road and Carrow Road area will close at 9.15am and reopen at about 11am.
Those with parking permits in the St Julian Parking Zone and Parking Zone B will be allowed to move their cars to neighbouring parking zones for the day.