'Unauthorised encampment' suspends services at city airport's park and ride
- Credit: Steve Adams
All bus services from the city airport's park and ride have been suspended due to an "unauthorised encampment" at the site.
In a tweet on Monday, June 13, Norwich Park and Ride confirmed its 501 route had been affected by the issue and it was unable to open its car park outside Norwich Airport.
No buses are currently running from the site but buses are continuing to serve the airport.
The next nearest park and ride is Sprowston.
A KonectBus spokesman, which run the service, said: "We are working in conjunction with Norfolk County Council, South Norfolk Council and other relevant agencies in relation to the caravans on the airport site.
"We are advising our passengers to use Sprowston Park and Ride in the meantime."
A Norfolk police spokeswoman added: "Police are aware of a traveller encampment at the Norwich Airport Park and Ride.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 2 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 3 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 4 Street food restaurant launches unlimited wings night
- 5 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 6 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 7 Fine dining Indian restaurant named best in region at awards
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 9 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 10 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
"Officers are working closely with partner agencies, who are currently taking the lead, to visit the site and positively engage with the group."