Norfolk morning traffic: A11 roadworks overrun and A47 busy already
- Credit: Ian Burt
Roadworks on the A11 overran this morning, meaning the road did not reopen when it was supposed to.
The road remained closed between Snetterton and the Stag Roundabout at Attleborough this morning, despite overnight works being scheduled to finish by 6am.
Instead, it was still closed to traffic up to around 7am, though it has now reopened.
But traffic is still building as people hit the road heading into Norwich.
The worst of the traffic at 7.45am is on the A47 Norwich Southern Bypass, due to roadworks between Thickthorn and Trowse.
You may also want to watch:
The build-up of cars is already adding 10-15 minutes onto journeys, and that delay is likely to get bigger as the morning goes on and more people head into the city.
Elsewhere, the usual traffic heading into Great Yarmouth on the A47 is beginning to build, in the area where firefighters spent much of last night putting out a blaze at a derelict building off the Acle Straight.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
• Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 6 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 7 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
- 8 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 9 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 10 Music shop for rent after couple bow out after 34 years