Long delays on roads in and around Norwich
- Credit: Google
Delays have been reported on roads in and around Norwich this morning, with severe congestion in Hellesdon.
There are delays of up to nine minutes in Drayton High Road, between Drayton and the Sweet Briar Road industrial estate.
The closure of Cromer Road for roadworks is causing traffic to build up along surrounding roads.
Heavy traffic from the NDR Holt Road junction to the Middletons Lane turn off is also causing delays.
There are reports a badly parked lorry between Middletons Lane and Drayton High Road is causing queues of 30 minutes past the Cock Pub.
An accident has also been reported at the mini-roundabout which connects Reepham Road with Middletons Lane.
There are also delays on Reepham Road heading to Mile Cross Lane.
- 1 Concerns raised over plans for 180 homes in suburb village
- 2 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 3 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 4 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 5 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 A look back at shoppers in Norwich over the decades
- 8 Busy Norwich city centre road reopened after crash
- 9 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 10 'No thanks or penny' - Norwich City crest designer hits out at change
Delays of four minutes in the A47 westbound near Cringleford can also be expected.
Bus diversions are also in place due to road closures.
Buses serving Gertrude Road will instead stop at Mousehold Avenue and buses serving Wroxham Road will be diverted via Chartwell Road, Constitution Hill, North Walsham Road and Allen Lane.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.