Morning traffic: delays on Dereham Road and St Andrews Street
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is building this morning (Wednesday, October 6) across Norwich, with delays affecting multiple areas of the city centre.
Here is where drivers can avoid the heaviest traffic.
Traffic is building at Middleton's Lane, at the junction with Drayton High Road.
Nearby, Sweet Briar Road is seeing long waits where drivers are waiting at the roundabout that connects the street with Guardian Road and Dereham Road.
Dereham Road is also experiencing delays in multiple places, with the usual traffic near Bowthorpe Park.
You may also want to watch:
Further into the city centre, Dereham Road is seeing slow queuing where there it meets Bowthorpe Road, which is closed due to water mains work.
The A147 leading up to Chantry Place car park is seeing delays, affected by morning traffic meeting the ongoing roadworks on Grapes Hill.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
Where Earlham Road becomes Unthank Road is also seeing delays due to the same roadworks closing Covent Road.
St Andrews Street remains busy this morning, with traffic tailing back onto Duke Street and Westwick Street.
Drivers may want to avoid Watton Road where possible, due to a reported accident at the junction with Colney Lane that leads to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The A47 is seeing usual delays near Longwater, however westbound traffic is reportedly heavier than normal.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.