Major Norwich road to close for maintenance work
A busy Norwich road is due to close next week as maintenance work begins.
Constitution Hill, off Chartwell Road, will be closed to all through traffic for ten days from Monday, February 21 as maintenance work to Chartwell Road roundabout is completed.
Diversion routes will be sign posted and traffic will be controlled using stop and go boards during the daytime and traffic lights at night.
The working day on site will normally be 7.30am to 7pm.
Vehicle access to homes and businesses on Constitution Hill will be maintained.
You may also want to watch:
Pedestrian access past the works will be available at all times.
The work is expected to cost approximately �180,000 and will be completed by May Gurney.
- 1 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 2 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 7 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 8 Plans to demolish historic pub approved just days after suspected arson attack
- 9 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 10 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
Norwich City Council apologises for any inconvenience caused by the work.
For more information visit Norwich City Council's website www.norwich.gov.uk