Major Norwich road to close for maintenance work
A busy Norwich road is due to close next week as maintenance work begins.
Constitution Hill, off Chartwell Road, will be closed to all through traffic for ten days from Monday, February 21 as maintenance work to Chartwell Road roundabout is completed.
Diversion routes will be sign posted and traffic will be controlled using stop and go boards during the daytime and traffic lights at night.
The working day on site will normally be 7.30am to 7pm.
Vehicle access to homes and businesses on Constitution Hill will be maintained.
You may also want to watch:
Pedestrian access past the works will be available at all times.
The work is expected to cost approximately �180,000 and will be completed by May Gurney.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 3 Calls for 'white elephant' bus lane to be opened for emergencies
- 4 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
- 5 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 6 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 City bar owner tells clubbers: 'Turn off Covid app'
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
Norwich City Council apologises for any inconvenience caused by the work.
For more information visit Norwich City Council's website www.norwich.gov.uk