Driver in hospital after Peugeot in crash with lorry
- Credit: Archant
The driver of a Peugeot was taken to hospital after being involved in a crash with a lorry.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were all called to the A1066 east of Thetford at around 7am on Tuesday.
The crash happened at the junction with The Street at Gasthorpe, between Riddlesworth and Garboldisham.
An ambulance took the Peugeot driver to hospital to be treated for a shoulder injury.
The road was closed while the car and the lorry were recovered. It reopened at 9.10am, a spokesperson for Norfolk Police said.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Thetford, East Harling and Diss also helped to make the scene safe.
Traffic is now flowing well through the area, as of 10.30am.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 6 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 8 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
- 9 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 10 Music shop for rent after couple bow out after 34 years
Elsewhere, a Ford Galaxy and a Land Rover Freelander were involved in a crash on the NDR at around 7.45am.
Neither driver was injured in the crash, which happened at the Thorpe End roundabout.
The drivers exchanged details at the scene and the cars have since been moved off the road.
Both crashes came after another earlier this morning at Thickthorn, which involved a white Audi and a white Hyundai.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
• Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.