Road to shut for £180,000 resurfacing work
- Credit: Google Street View
Resurfacing work means that a Norwich road will be shut to traffic for part of each day for more than a week.
The £180,000 work to resurface Lodge Lane in Old Catton is due to begin on Monday, August 24.
Norfolk County Council’s work to resurface the entire length of the road, including the mini roundabout at St Faiths Road, is expected to take nine days, subject to the weather.
The council says that, to carry out the work safely it will be necessary to close Lodge Lane to all through traffic between 9am to 4pm each day.
The road will be open at all other times as well as during the bank holiday weekend of August 29 to 31.
You may also want to watch:
The council says vehicle access to businesses and homes within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times and bus companies have been notified.
A diversion route will be in place while surfacing works take place.
- 1 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 2 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 3 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 4 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 5 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 6 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 7 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 8 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 9 Why The Sunday Times named Norwich one of the best places to live in 2021
- 10 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen