Road to shut for £180,000 resurfacing work
- Credit: Google Street View
Resurfacing work means that a Norwich road will be shut to traffic for part of each day for more than a week.
The £180,000 work to resurface Lodge Lane in Old Catton is due to begin on Monday, August 24.
Norfolk County Council’s work to resurface the entire length of the road, including the mini roundabout at St Faiths Road, is expected to take nine days, subject to the weather.
The council says that, to carry out the work safely it will be necessary to close Lodge Lane to all through traffic between 9am to 4pm each day.
The road will be open at all other times as well as during the bank holiday weekend of August 29 to 31.
You may also want to watch:
The council says vehicle access to businesses and homes within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times and bus companies have been notified.
A diversion route will be in place while surfacing works take place.
- 1 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 2 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 3 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 6 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Friends rally to raise funds for widow over wedding refund
- 8 Norwich City Council Elections 2021 - Labour keep control of City Hall
- 9 Have you seen the 'Milk' graffiti daubed all over Norwich?
- 10 Decision due on longer stay for Norwich's Junkyard Market