Road to shut for £180,000 resurfacing work
- Credit: Google Street View
Resurfacing work means that a Norwich road will be shut to traffic for part of each day for more than a week.
The £180,000 work to resurface Lodge Lane in Old Catton is due to begin on Monday, August 24.
Norfolk County Council’s work to resurface the entire length of the road, including the mini roundabout at St Faiths Road, is expected to take nine days, subject to the weather.
The council says that, to carry out the work safely it will be necessary to close Lodge Lane to all through traffic between 9am to 4pm each day.
The road will be open at all other times as well as during the bank holiday weekend of August 29 to 31.
You may also want to watch:
The council says vehicle access to businesses and homes within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times and bus companies have been notified.
A diversion route will be in place while surfacing works take place.
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 6 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 7 Could free public transport rescue Norwich city centre?
- 8 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward