Road to shut for £180,000 resurfacing work
- Credit: Google Street View
Resurfacing work means that a Norwich road will be shut to traffic for part of each day for more than a week.
The £180,000 work to resurface Lodge Lane in Old Catton is due to begin on Monday, August 24.
Norfolk County Council’s work to resurface the entire length of the road, including the mini roundabout at St Faiths Road, is expected to take nine days, subject to the weather.
The council says that, to carry out the work safely it will be necessary to close Lodge Lane to all through traffic between 9am to 4pm each day.
The road will be open at all other times as well as during the bank holiday weekend of August 29 to 31.
You may also want to watch:
The council says vehicle access to businesses and homes within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times and bus companies have been notified.
A diversion route will be in place while surfacing works take place.
- 1 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 4 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 8 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 9 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 10 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'