Miles of traffic delays across Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Holiday traffic saw build ups as people leave Norfolk after half-term - with tailbacks stretching four miles in some places.
Motorists saw traffic queuing for four miles on the A47 eastbound from the A11 at Thickthorn Roundabout to the A140 Ipswich Road- adding around 20 minutes to journeys.
There are also severe delays of at least 12 minutes on the A47 eastbound in Norfolk.
At Heacham, on the west Norfolk coast, holiday traffic became slow moving on the A149 Lynn Road around the BP petrol station and on the A149 eastbound, but this has now eased.
Delays were also seen at the Hardwick Roundabout after an accident and partial road closure on the A47 in King's Lynn caused significant tailbacks.
Congestion was also seen along the A149 Queen Elizabeth Way westbound between the A149 and A47 Hardwick Roundabout, and eastbound on the A149 Queen Elizabeth Way between the A149 and A1076 Gayton Road.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 5 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 9 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 10 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year