Ambulance called after four vehicle crash on A47
- Credit: Maps
Part of the A47 was blocked following a four-vehicle crash at Bixley.
Emergency services were called to the A47 at Bixley just after 3.30pm on Thursday, May 20 following a four-vehicle collision at the junction with the A146.
A Ford Ranger, Ford Focus and a Transit van were involved in the crash, which closed the road for a short while, police have said.
An ambulance was also called to the crash, but nobody is believed to be seriously injured.
One fire engine from Carrow attended the collision to make sure the cars and the scene of the crash were safe.
Traffic on the Norwich-bound carriageway is still struggling after the crash with queues going back to Postwick, but vehicles are still moving slowly according to the AA road traffic map.
The crash took place just a short stretch of road away from the current A47 roadworks, which will be in place until the end of August.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 3 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 4 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Taxi companies hit by driver shortages as demand increases
- 8 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 9 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 10 Former Laurence, Scott & Electromotors staff invited to July 30 reunion
Elsewhere in Norfolk, traffic on the A11 on Newmarket Road is very congested as well as the A47 at Cringleford.