Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
More roads will close in Norwich this weekend as resurfacing work continues in the city.
Fifers Lane, Meadow Way, Amsterdam Way, and Middleton’s Lane will all close at the junctions with Holt Road on a Saturday and Sunday between Monday, October 25, and December 2021, and a signed diversion will be in place.
The closures are as follows:
Meadow Way - Saturday, November 6 and Sunday, November 7, 2021
Fifers Lane - Sunday, November 7, 2021
Middletons Lane - Saturday, November 13 and Sunday, November 14, 2021
Amsterdam Way - Sunday, November 14, 2021
Work, which is expected to end in December, will see the installation of lining for a new bus and cycle lane as well as "essential" road resurfacing.
It comes as part of a £1m project, which has also seen Woodcock Road, Bolingbroke Road (South), Suckling Avenue, Mile Cross Road, and Losinga Cresent (South) closed at the junctions with Aylsham Road.
Mayfield Avenue, Waldemar Avenue, Bramble Avenue, Heather Avenue, and Brabazon Road are also closed at the Cromer Road junctions.
Norfolk County Council is working with bus operators to reduce delays but passengers are advised to check for any changes to timetables and their journey.
- 1 Christmas train with tunnel of lights running at Norwich park
- 2 Winter Wonderland in Norwich park cancelled – but may move elsewhere
- 3 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 'Dude, where's my car?!' City girl's new Fiesta vanishes
- 6 City restaurant offers free Christmas meals to 'anyone that needs it'
- 7 Parcel thief in for a shock after nabbing mystery package from city home
- 8 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 9 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 10 Builders' plea: Don't do this DIY this Christmas!