Eight vehicles involved in Acle Straight crash
- Credit: Anthony James
Eight vehicles were involved in a collision on Acle New Road this morning (October 12).
Firefighters cut drivers from their crashed vehicles which happened on the Great Yarmouth side of the Acle Straight.
Following the collision, police closed the road and advised people to avoid the area.
The initial call to Norfolk Fire and Rescue was made at 8.57am and crews from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Acle and Carrow stations rushed to the scene.
At least one ambulance was also called but no serious injuries were reported.
As a result of the incident, the First X1 and X11 buses were delayed and diverted to an alternative route.
Norfolk police confirmed: "We were called to attend by the fire service at 9.11am.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 8 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 9 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 10 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
"Eight vehicles were involved in the collision."
The scene was made safe and the road has now reopened.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.