City road to close for five days as sinking road is investigated
- Credit: Google Maps
A sinking section of a busy road in the centre of Norwich is set to close for five days as it is investigated and fixed.
Part of Earlham Road, near the Black Horse pub, will close from January 10 to 15 as Norfolk County Council workers attempt to ensure the road is safe and fix a drainage issue nearby.
While the section is closed a diversion will see drivers diverted via Grapes Hill or Farrow Road, depending on the direction they are travelling in.
As a result of the investigation, some First buses following the Blue Line 26 will be facing diversions.
Buses towards the University of East Anglia (UEA) will follow the normal line of route to Convent Road and continue along Unthank Road.
At the traffic lights by the Mile End Road surgery, buses will turn right into Colman Road, then turn left into the Avenues before resuming the normal line of route.
Buses heading towards the city centre will follow normal line of route to the Avenues then turn right onto Colman Road.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 New homeware shop is 'dream come true' for owner
- 4 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 5 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 6 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 7 New music festival with street food to take place in city centre park
- 8 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
- 9 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 10 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
Services will then follow Colman Road to the Mile End surgery traffic lights, and turn left, into Unthank Road, before continuing towards Convent Road where the bus will follow the normal line of route into the city.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.