Drivers warned work to stop flooding will shut Hellesdon road
- Credit: Archant
Drivers have been warned sections of a road in Hellesdon will be closed again for the next two Saturdays so work can be done to improve drains and stop flooding.
Middletons Lane in Hellesdon was closed at the Westgate junction on Saturday to enable a new surface water carrier drain to be installed.
Traffic was diverted via Drayton High Road, Boundary Road and Reepham Road.
And Norfolk County Council has said sections of the road will be closed on the next two Saturdays.
On Saturday, October 21, Middletons Lane will be closed at the Windsor Road junction between 9.30am and 4pm so the new drain can be installed there and connected up to the existing system.
The signed diversion route will be via Reepham Road, the A140 Cromer Road and Holt Road.
And on Saturday, October 28, Middletons Lane will be closed at the Westgate junction from 9.30am until 12.30pm, with the Windsor Road junction shut from 12.30pm until 4pm.
- 1 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 2 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 3 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 4 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 5 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 6 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 7 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 8 Mobility scooter trashed by hazardous wheelie bins
- 9 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 10 Fine dining Indian restaurant named best in region at awards
That is so the trenches dug for the drainage work can be filled in.
A County Hall spokesman said: 'Norfolk County Council recognises that this work may cause some disruption and the County Council thanks people and businesses for their patience while this drainage improvement work is carried out.'
The work is part of a £10.3m project to prevent flooding in and around Norwich, which has already seen work done in areas such as Sprowston, Drayton and Thorpe St Andrew.
To see which other roads in Hellesdon will be affected by work, click here.