Drivers warned work to stop flooding will shut Hellesdon road
- Credit: Archant
Drivers have been warned sections of a road in Hellesdon will be closed again for the next two Saturdays so work can be done to improve drains and stop flooding.
Middletons Lane in Hellesdon was closed at the Westgate junction on Saturday to enable a new surface water carrier drain to be installed.
Traffic was diverted via Drayton High Road, Boundary Road and Reepham Road.
And Norfolk County Council has said sections of the road will be closed on the next two Saturdays.
On Saturday, October 21, Middletons Lane will be closed at the Windsor Road junction between 9.30am and 4pm so the new drain can be installed there and connected up to the existing system.
You may also want to watch:
The signed diversion route will be via Reepham Road, the A140 Cromer Road and Holt Road.
And on Saturday, October 28, Middletons Lane will be closed at the Westgate junction from 9.30am until 12.30pm, with the Windsor Road junction shut from 12.30pm until 4pm.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 3 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 4 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 5 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 6 Five of the most expensive properties for rent in Norwich
- 7 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 8 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
- 9 'I shot out of my seat' - Spitfire spotted flying over Norwich
- 10 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
That is so the trenches dug for the drainage work can be filled in.
A County Hall spokesman said: 'Norfolk County Council recognises that this work may cause some disruption and the County Council thanks people and businesses for their patience while this drainage improvement work is carried out.'
The work is part of a £10.3m project to prevent flooding in and around Norwich, which has already seen work done in areas such as Sprowston, Drayton and Thorpe St Andrew.
To see which other roads in Hellesdon will be affected by work, click here.