Driver taken to hospital after crashing into railings
- Credit: Google/Marcus Moore
A driver was taken to hospital after crashing into railings at a road crossing in Sprowston.
The single-vehicle collision happened shortly after midday on Thursday, July 21.
A car crashed into the central reservation near to the Nisa store which left railings and a bollard damaged.
Highways crews attended the scene to assess the damage caused.
The road was cleared by 1.26pm.
Sprowston resident Marcus Moore said he saw several emergency vehicles at the scene.
"I could hear the sirens and blue lights after I got off the bus.
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 Police and ambulance attend Norwich home in busy road
- 3 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 4 Bid to redevelop corner shop with £1.5m extension and swanky homes
- 5 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich Station later this year
- 6 Busy city road closed for gas works until late August
- 7 Bottomless brunch coming to popular city steakhouse
- 8 Fraudulent cake maker ordered to pay over £1,000 to newlyweds
- 9 Man in court after being ejected from Norwich nightclub
- 10 Van offering free burgers coming to Norwich city centre this weekend
"The railings were damaged at the crossing and the road was closed for about two hours.
"I think this is about the third time I've seen a crash happen at this crossing in the last year or so."