Driver dies in crash on A47
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Police have confirmed that one person has died after a crash on the A47 this morning, September 15, near Blofield.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 7.05am after a driver crashed into the barrier.
Police, fire, paramedics, and the air ambulance crews were on the scene.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash happened on the eastbound carriageway between the Brundall roundabout and the Blofield slip road.
The A47 is now open but the slip-road at the Blofield junction remains closed.
Police are asking any witnesses of either the crash or the manner of driving to come forward.
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 3 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 4 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 5 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 6 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 7 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 10 Part of A47 closed due to crash
Those with information are being asked to contact Acle Police Station on 101 quoting incident number 28 of September 15, 2021.
Drivers are being advised to avoid the area, and buses have been delayed.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.