Motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash on edge of Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist was taken to hospital with serious injuries following a collision on the outskirts of Norwich.
Emergency services were called to reports of a collision between a motorbike and a car at 9.12am on Wednesday at the junction of Waterworks Road and Dereham Road in Heigham Grove.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "Ambulance were on scene and the motorcyclist was taken to hospital with serious injuries."
Motorists were urged to find alternative routes with AA Roadwatch reporting traffic moving slowly in the area following the collision.
First Bus said its 23 and 24 services were diverted both ways via Bowthorpe Road until further notice.
You may also want to watch:
The bus company apologised for any inconvenience caused.
The road was cleared by lunchtime.
- 1 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 2 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 3 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Mum shares heartbreaking poems penned by daughter before death
- 6 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 7 Man took sword and axe to confront ex-wife's new partner
- 8 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 9 Traffic delays as drivers continue to queue for petrol
- 10 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.