Motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash on edge of Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist was taken to hospital with serious injuries following a collision on the outskirts of Norwich.
Emergency services were called to reports of a collision between a motorbike and a car at 9.12am on Wednesday at the junction of Waterworks Road and Dereham Road in Heigham Grove.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "Ambulance were on scene and the motorcyclist was taken to hospital with serious injuries."
Motorists were urged to find alternative routes with AA Roadwatch reporting traffic moving slowly in the area following the collision.
First Bus said its 23 and 24 services were diverted both ways via Bowthorpe Road until further notice.
The bus company apologised for any inconvenience caused.
The road was cleared by lunchtime.
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 3 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 4 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 5 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 6 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 9 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 10 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.