Motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash on edge of Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist was taken to hospital with serious injuries following a collision on the outskirts of Norwich.
Emergency services were called to reports of a collision between a motorbike and a car at 9.12am on Wednesday at the junction of Waterworks Road and Dereham Road in Heigham Grove.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "Ambulance were on scene and the motorcyclist was taken to hospital with serious injuries."
Motorists were urged to find alternative routes with AA Roadwatch reporting traffic moving slowly in the area following the collision.
First Bus said its 23 and 24 services were diverted both ways via Bowthorpe Road until further notice.
The bus company apologised for any inconvenience caused.
The road was cleared by lunchtime.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 4 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 5 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 6 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
- 7 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 8 'Normal is nerve-wracking': City bosses' plan to keep masks despite rules
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.