Delays expected as huge yacht deck to be transported along A47
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned to expect delays on some of the county’s major roads today as an abnormal load is transported through Norfolk.
A yacht deck, which is 5.6m wide and 27m in length, will be moved from BM Composites in North Walsham to Southampton.
The journey is scheduled to begin at 9.30am on Thursday (November, 12).
In Norfolk, it will first travel on the B1145, A149, B1152 and A1064.
The abnormal load will then continue on the A47, A11 and A14 until reaches the Cambridgeshire border.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police have advised motorists to expect delays if travelling along any of these roads on Thursday.
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 6 Could free public transport rescue Norwich city centre?
- 7 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 8 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 9 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 10 Road safety concerns over school expansion plans