Delays on A47 after lorry carrying boat breaks down
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A broken down lorry carrying a boat caused delays on the A47 this morning.
One lane was blocked due to the vehicle which has broken down just outside of Norwich.
It was at the junction with the A140 heading westbound.
Norfolk Police tweeted: "A47 J/W A140 @NSRAPT are on scene with a vehicle that has broken down in the King's Lynn bound carriageway please expect delays and avoid the area."
Drivers were urged to approach with care.
The AA Live Traffic Map stated: "One lane blocked due to stalled truck on A47 westbound before the A140 Ipswich Road, Markshall Farm Road. A lorry carrying a boat, broken down in lane one (of two).
"Delays of seven minutes and delays increasing on A47 Westbound between A146 Loddon Road and A140 Ipswich Road."
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 3 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 4 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 5 Fireworks, food stalls and music planned for jubilee party near Norwich
- 6 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 7 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 8 Road cleared following crash near KFC in Mile Cross
- 9 Norwich Western Link route change report delayed
- 10 'They want to suck your blood': Bed bugs invade city homes
The road now appears to be clear.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.