Cycle hire scheme launched at Norwich train station
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A cycle hire scheme was being launched at Norwich train station today meaning travellers can book bicycles with their trains.
The region's rail operator, Greater Anglia, is launching the scheme to allow people to carry on their journey by bicycle once they reach Norwich.
City MPs Simon Wright and Chloe Smith were due to open the facility this morning.
The cycle hire initiative offers 30 cycles that can be pre-booked for day hire.
Mr Wright said: 'This investment will encourage clean and healthy travel around the city. Norwich has been in need of more cycle hire facilities.
You may also want to watch:
'This scheme makes it as easy as possible for visitors to pick up a bike.
'The new secure cycle parking and stands will also be welcomed by the many local commuters travelling from Norwich.'
- 1 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 10 Pasta and cocktails bar opens in Norwich