Cycle hire scheme launched at Norwich train station
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A cycle hire scheme was being launched at Norwich train station today meaning travellers can book bicycles with their trains.
The region's rail operator, Greater Anglia, is launching the scheme to allow people to carry on their journey by bicycle once they reach Norwich.
City MPs Simon Wright and Chloe Smith were due to open the facility this morning.
The cycle hire initiative offers 30 cycles that can be pre-booked for day hire.
Mr Wright said: 'This investment will encourage clean and healthy travel around the city. Norwich has been in need of more cycle hire facilities.
You may also want to watch:
'This scheme makes it as easy as possible for visitors to pick up a bike.
'The new secure cycle parking and stands will also be welcomed by the many local commuters travelling from Norwich.'
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours