Cycle hire scheme launched at Norwich train station
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A cycle hire scheme was being launched at Norwich train station today meaning travellers can book bicycles with their trains.
The region's rail operator, Greater Anglia, is launching the scheme to allow people to carry on their journey by bicycle once they reach Norwich.
City MPs Simon Wright and Chloe Smith were due to open the facility this morning.
The cycle hire initiative offers 30 cycles that can be pre-booked for day hire.
Mr Wright said: 'This investment will encourage clean and healthy travel around the city. Norwich has been in need of more cycle hire facilities.
You may also want to watch:
'This scheme makes it as easy as possible for visitors to pick up a bike.
'The new secure cycle parking and stands will also be welcomed by the many local commuters travelling from Norwich.'
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space
- 10 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children