Cycle hire scheme launched at Norwich train station
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A cycle hire scheme was being launched at Norwich train station today meaning travellers can book bicycles with their trains.
The region's rail operator, Greater Anglia, is launching the scheme to allow people to carry on their journey by bicycle once they reach Norwich.
City MPs Simon Wright and Chloe Smith were due to open the facility this morning.
The cycle hire initiative offers 30 cycles that can be pre-booked for day hire.
Mr Wright said: 'This investment will encourage clean and healthy travel around the city. Norwich has been in need of more cycle hire facilities.
You may also want to watch:
'This scheme makes it as easy as possible for visitors to pick up a bike.
'The new secure cycle parking and stands will also be welcomed by the many local commuters travelling from Norwich.'
- 1 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 2 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 3 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 6 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 7 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 8 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 9 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 10 Matt Hancock video-calls Norwich surgery staff to say 'thanks'