Cycle hire scheme launched at Norwich train station
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A cycle hire scheme was being launched at Norwich train station today meaning travellers can book bicycles with their trains.
The region's rail operator, Greater Anglia, is launching the scheme to allow people to carry on their journey by bicycle once they reach Norwich.
City MPs Simon Wright and Chloe Smith were due to open the facility this morning.
The cycle hire initiative offers 30 cycles that can be pre-booked for day hire.
Mr Wright said: 'This investment will encourage clean and healthy travel around the city. Norwich has been in need of more cycle hire facilities.
You may also want to watch:
'This scheme makes it as easy as possible for visitors to pick up a bike.
'The new secure cycle parking and stands will also be welcomed by the many local commuters travelling from Norwich.'
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals